A ride in a tuk-tuk
Tertúlia Algarvia and Far-Eco Tuk have created a joint programme of experiences that will enable you to discover the history of Faro and learn to prepare one of the region’s most iconic dishes: the cataplana.
The programme starts with a mini-tour in an electric tuk-tuk, which comprises a trip lasting around 45 minutes through the city, focusing on its best-known areas and its historical heritage.
The tour also includes a brief trip through the more modern part of the city, with a stop at the Municipal Market, where you will be welcomed by the chef of Tertúlia Algarvia, who will help you to choose the best ingredients for a fish and shellfish cataplana.
Then, the tuk-tuk will take you to the restaurant Tertúlia Algarvia, where you will learn to prepare these ingredients and to make a cataplana like a true chef. Finally, you will be invited to enjoy the recipe you have prepared and other specialities full of the flavours of the Algarve.
Starting time: 10h00
- Mini-tour in an electric tuk-tuk
- Visit to Faro market and ingredients purchase
- Brief histoy of the cataplana
- Cookery workshop
- Full meal
- Length: 5h15m
Minimum/maximum of participants: 2/6
- 2 participants: 66,92€*
- 3 to 6 participants: 61,92€*
- Children and youth from 8 to 17 years old, accompanied by adults: 32,45€*
*Prices are per participant
- Apron + Participation certificate
- Gift: Recipe book 'The Algarve cataplana: traditions and reinterpretations'